• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BARTON - 7th Feb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ive been seeing this news also.looks very promising and i feel wont be much longer and we will start seeing reviews at sites.

the 2800,3000 bartons are gonna be $400+ thats alota dough for most of us amder's i broke down and bought my 2700 and i knocked myself out of a first batch barton.the 2500 is the one we most likley will talk about the most,imo.

but i dont think the first batch will oc all that great.just on par mabey 300-400 mhz.which is on par with current high end tbreds.

its a big step in the right direction also.the second and third steppings of these should be the ones to get.

for now ill baby my 2700 for a while and buy a tbredB like the 2100 for one of my rigs.later when prices drop or the 2500 barton is $200 ill snag one.but i state this now as soon as i buy it ill be damned if the hammer dont hit the shelves the following week.

waiting for something is worse than having new stuff come out after you invest.its a fact its just gonna happen.

I am still happy with my palomino core...I haven't really been able to push it as my ram is 2 2y/o Crucial PC2100's...they require some voltage to even get as high as I am now...I haven't had to mess with my chip at all...even at 150, it wasn't breaking a sweat...I can't wait till I get some better ram so I can test out my chip...

As for the Bartons...we will see if this will be another one of AMD's paper releases

SSE is on everything Athlon XP and newer. SSE2 will most likely only be on the Hammer series. Though we wont know for sure until Barton ships and gets reviewed.

A Barton will be my last upgrade on the sig. rig, once they are cheap. In the meantime I'm watching those B cores, that'll be my next move. Besides hertz is more important than cache in much that I do so no hurry.

Its funny how all this talk of faster computers goes on. I am happy with my undervolted Tbird 1.2GHz and with the aid of my nice Geforce 2 Pro my computer will do anything I ask it to.

On saying that I am aiming for Neforce2 and Barton ASAP or a Tbred B 1700+

Just when im getting the final pieces to my new rig do I come to a standstill I have everything but a mobo cuz I want the next rev of the epox 8RDA+ and now the barton comes in less than a month now. But, im going to have to be happy with what I have, and save my pennies when its cheaper.

Should I get a barton or wait for the other chips? Hmm of course if I want to get one of these I'll want a new mobo, most likely a nforce 2 for dual ddr and cuz i like nivida products ;) The question is when are the hammers coming out? I guess waiting for some reviews is the smart thing to do :p

Back