• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two HeaterCores?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elite

Has anybody here every tried to hook up two heatcores in their w/c system? I figured if you ran Pump to WB to HeaterCore(cools down) then ran to another heater core (cools down more) and then ran back to the pump. Of course you would need much room to do this but it's just an idea. I was wondering how much more of a performance increase you would get.

Im doing that right now but the rads are running in parrallel instead of series like you are discribing, use the search feature and you will see lots threads on this subject.

I've done that on a friend's MP system. Running 2 pumps and 2 heatercores in parallel. if one pump fails, the other still has enough cooling capacity to keep the computer safe. Temps go up about 6-10C when one pump is off, but the computer still runs fine.

I think that dual heatercores would be overkill unless you were running dual pumps or something else to justify it.

Back