• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7A-RAID w/Duron 1.0 & XP2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toscani

I have a rev. 1.1 KT7A-R that was running fine with a Duron 1.0@1350 (9x150). I tried a friends XP2000+ pally in it and it worked great and I was able to clock it to a 2200+. I turned the system off and re-installed the Duron (clearing CMOS) and no POST. Ive cleared CMOS several times with no luck. The only thing I switched was the processor and HSF. Anyone had this happen to them? Any help on what the cause is? Thanks.

Make sure the hsf is level on the cpu. I once put my shim on wrong so my waterblock was only half on the cpu. It didn't die, but it didn't post either.

If that isn't, try putting the XP back in. If it works, then possibly the duron died. If it still doesn't work with the XP, then it's probably the board.

good luck!

the boot timing is now set for the xp ,try hitting the reset.
if that doesn't work ,cold boot holding the delete key,then reset.this may take several attempts.
did you cahnge the multiplier back?

I got it to clock back to 9x150. The problem is now that once I shut off the system (not restart) it wont turn back on unless I clear CMOS. Whats going on here?

Back