• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to identify intel/dell board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AdvanS13

i got this board off ebay...i see jumpers for 300mhz, 350mhz, 400mhz, 450mhz, and also rsvd1 and rsdv2. its a dell server board. it says dell.

also has on the small words on the corner of the board bus 66m, 333mhz, and 366mhz...whats that?

um, has a sticker dp/n 0005019t-20400-9aq-0hbj also another sticker with "Rev. a00b"

it has dual slot 1's, 4 pc100 ram slots, 1 isa slot, and 5 pci with one of em a shared raid port. also onboard lan, and some other goodies.

onboard scsi. it's an intel chipset, but i don't know how to check which one. if im looking at the right intel chipset it says:

PCIset
fw82371eb
f938yc72
sl37m
intel 98'

also there is a larger intel chipset that says:

21152-ab
dc1051a
s 9932 jk5832la
intel 97'

i'll try to get some pics in a few up...any help is appreciated..thankyou

brandon

ok, heres the motherboard...

i-1.JPG

I you can get the system up and running, you can go to dell.com and in their support section, there is a button for "Identify my system." It might be able to tell you what kind of system it thinks it is. Then you cross reference that model to find out some more info about it's parts.

well i still need to order one of those 24pin converters, for the power supply. and i need to pick up some processors. thing is, i want to know what this thing will do, before i buy em. don't really have any friends with a slot one, well i have access to a few of 866mhz/s but i dont know if they will work.

i called dell and read the partnumber, and the guy had no clue...i guess they need a smaller digit numbers. but i don't see any.

It sounds like that board supports PII 300mhz, 350mhz, 400mhz, and 450mhz with 100 FSB, or 333mhz,and 366mhz with 66 FSB.

makes sense...i suppose...i wish i had the extra money to get this ******* running. one question, would i fry the board if i put those 866's in there? or would it just reduce the bus speed? cause i think the 866's are 133mhz. i think thats the only slot 1's i have avaliable.

thanks
brandon

after hours on the net, through ebay, and the dell forums...i think i've narrowed it down to a dell precision 410:)

AdvanS13 said:
makes sense...i suppose...i wish i had the extra money to get this ******* running. one question, would i fry the board if i put those 866's in there? or would it just reduce the bus speed? cause i think the 866's are 133mhz. i think thats the only slot 1's i have avaliable.

thanks
brandon

I don't think it would work at all, with an 866. If the 866 has 133 FSB, than that means it has a multiplier of 6.5

If the board supported PIII 650's, then you could use that chip, at reduced speed, but your board doesn't support 650's. Sorry.

I've got a PII 266, 300, 350, and 400 I'm selling, if you need a chip.

i think i got it, um....i dunno i read the guy all the numbers on the board and he couldn't figure it out.

im pretty sure now its a precision 410. just wanted to make sure what it could handle before i get it up and running.

Back