• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Abit KT7A motherboard...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tony987

I have an Abit KT7A motherboard, with an 800mhz Duron clocked to 1000mhz. When I put it all together and first turned the system on, everything went fine. But after a few bios changes and reboots, the system started going off after a few seconds of being switched on, making a fast ticking noise from the system speaker. Clearing the cmos and rebooting didn't help. It just displays the bios info for a few seconds, the display goes off and the ticking noise starts.

I thought maybe it was a power problem, so I disconnected the hard disk and dvd drive from the PSU, but still the same problem occurs. I even tried disconnecting the keyboard, but no change.

Any ideas what it could be?

Well you probably don't want to here this but I would suggest taking everything out except the components need to run the PC (mobo,cpu,vid card,so on) and then boot up. Put them back in one at a time and see which component causes the noise. If it's with just the core components then you will have to start replacing them one at a time. Try to borrow someones CPU or mobo. Good luck.

Back