• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This how i do it?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BmanG17

Ok, so if i change FSB to 140mhz i should change multiplier down to 13 (instead of 13.5) so my CPU only gains about 20mhz to keep the CPU speed and heat down?!

FSB---Multiplier
Norm---------> 133 X 13.5 = 1795.5 (1.8ghz xp 2200+)
Wanna go --> 140 X 13.0 = 1820 (24.5 mhz increase)

This how i should be doing it correct?!? My cpu is already unlocked, i didnt have to do it, just went into BIOS and change settings to MANUAL, and let me fiddle with multiplier and FSB . I jsut dont want to fry anything :)

yah, that's more or less the idea. By twiddling the multiplier, you can raise the FSB without increasing the overall CPU speed (much). Kinda pointless to do such a small bump; I'd throw the FSB as high as possible- but I guess every bit helps :D

Well i've been reading to slowly up the FSB, this isnt my goal, just a starting point :). first time with a good computer ( finally built by me, best comp i've used to date) and dont wanna blow anything, playing it safe, will get crazy at overclocking soon enough :)

ah I see, that's a very good plan! Take it one step at a time so you understand everything along the way. Right on man, I hope it goes well for you! :D

Back