• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing sticker from 2100 B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Although I don't have that chip I assume that if you overclock you void your warranty anyway and only if you're OCing and want to unlock the lower multies then remove it as your warranty is void anyway. but if u'r not modding the chip then don't remove it

30 days warranty for what?
Anyway it expires in 30 days....

You may use at its stock speed for 30 days and take the sticker out and overclock it...

The sticker on MY Newegg 2100B didnt cover ANY bridges:p

Matter of a fact, I know of two others that had the L3 still exposed. You sure youre not looking in the right place? I thought mine was under it also at first.

I got a sticker that covered the L3 bridges (click here to see) but as you can see they did a shoddy job putting the sticker on.

In response to juninjesus's comment, newegg offers extended 1 year CPU warranty for $5, and this is a popular option even among overclockers. If you only need to close one bridge, sometimes that is easier to make removable (so as to escape detection).

As far as removing the sticker is concerned, see if you can do what I did - try peeling it back carefully with an xacto knife, if you can't then you'll have to weaken the adhesive somehow but I don't suggest that you use steam

Let us know if you figure anything out.

I purchased the 1 year waranty lol what a dummy I am

I Slowley peeled the stiker off & put it on some wax paper for safe keeping

even tho I dont think Ill need it

What about using a hairdryer to weaken the adhesive? It works well on the xbox warranty sticker however, that's plastic whereas this is organic.

~THT

cozmo_d said:
I purchased the 1 year waranty lol what a dummy I am

Judging by the adhesive type, this is the kind that gets extremely messy once it gets heated. You would be more likely to have good results in the cold in my opinion.

dude you think a hair dryer is going to get hotter than that core gets on there organic or not no way you would even hurt the chip with hot air, that cpu gets up to 85degrees before its at its threshhold thats approximatley 180degrees that would be one hell of a hair dryer..

mpcd said:

Judging by the adhesive type, this is the kind that gets extremely messy once it gets heated. You would be more likely to have good results in the cold in my opinion.

If this is in response to my statement, I think you misunderstood what I'm saying. I was not implying the chip would be harmed at all, it most certainly wouldn't. However I have this same sticker on my chip and I've studied the adhesive on the sticker. If you heat this type of adhesive it gets nasty messy and wont come off the chip gracefully, whereas if you were to cool the sticker a little bit (take it outside), it would certainly come off with very little resistance and no residue.

cozmo_d said:

Same here, lifted it with a razor then slowly pulled it straight back so all the adhesive followed the sticker. Stored it on some label backing paper (like wax paper).

Peel slowly - mine came off without a trace. I put it carefully on the plastic case that the chip came in for later reference.

Back