• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding New rigs this weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemmyslender

Just to let you all know-

I should be adding 3 new rigs this weekend. They'll consist of 1 [email protected] and 2 [email protected] (All Dells). I am going back to my parents (in Ohio) to setup the new rigs for a network at their company. Don't know if they'll run them 24/7 or not. Probably will though.

As a result, I think that I'll get the old rigs that they had. 2 PII@300 (Compaqs) and 1 P@100 (Acer). Trying to decide if I want to run the PII's at home or try to sell / part them out.

I was thinking maybe trying to setup a dually. Dunno though, wouldn't be free to do that :)

At any rate I'll be adding 6GHz to my 2.683GHz for folding. :D

Great addition to the team! I don't think I'd bother with the P100, but the 300s will work :)

ehh, OSU, i run a 166 that actually does quite well because i put linux on it and it also runs a web server (only about 3 people access the web server though)

anyway, sounds like you've got some nice machines coming up there! i'm assuming you're going to do linux with telnet or ssh, right? *grin*

I was mistaken, the old computers were Cyrix II 300's. I don't think that they work well enough to be worthwhile for me. :(

But I did get the new computers up and folding. :D

Not much worth saving on the old computers. Regular ram (not sdram), isa 56k modems, pci nics. I am taking the hard drives 8.4GB, and some other assorted pieces parts though. Probably take the nics too.

Back