• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt Smart Fan II on coolermaster's heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathAngelLST

my cpu is cooled by some coolermaster crapola, not sure what model it is. i'm getting high temps at full load (hit 60°C yesterday). thinking of applying a Tt Smart Fan II on the heatsink. dunno if it would fit?

you seem to have a decent air flow setup so that probably isnt the problem, but if you don't mind doing it, take off your heatsink/fan and check if there is any thermal grease of any kind on there - I know my T-bird came with this weird orange stuff, and when i took off my heatsink and fan, it came apart and never fit back together right and there wasn't good thermal transfer... I would imagine thats your problem also

so check under your heatsink real fast :D

If you are in doubt about your cooling, you should consider at least lapping the heatsink and using some AS-3 grease. This should help lower your temps some. The Smart Fan II is an excellent fan and is speed/noise adjustable. If you can get it, I would also recommend the SK-7 (cheaper than the SLK-800 and only slightly less performance).

Back