• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7v133 Max FSB Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nagorak

I have an Asus A7v133 (well, 2 actually) and I have one running now at 150 FSB (my 3Com Nic was holding me back). However, I cannot get it to go beyond 152 MHz FSB. I can get it to boot at "155 FSB" but it is really only running at 150 MHz.

I'm wondering if it is my memory that is holding me back from getting my FSB up past 152, or whether it is my board? I just have some generic "SyncMax" PC133 CL3 memory, but it seems to run fine up to 150 MHz FSB (haven't tried any higher). Also, has anyone had any success setting the A7v133 higher to 155 FSB or higher, or does it just run at 150 FSB instead?

Also, supposing the A7v133 can go higher than 155 FSB, what is the highest realistic FSB speed to shoot for? I also have a Seagate Baraccuda II ATA66 30 GB hard drive, so I want to stop before that starts crapping out on me.

Thanks for any replies.

Back