• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AThlonxp 1800+ 166 fsb problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lewnidas

Registered
HI guys , i have a green th/bred B athlon xp 1800 wich is unlocked.The problem is that when i low the multiplyer and change the jumber to mobo to 166 fsb it dont boot no signal to monitor.I tried to raise the core to dimm to +0.3 but nothing again ,my ram is pc 2700 and the prossesor is unlocked i can use lower multis .If someonw knows something about i d like to answer me.

Exactly what multi are you setting it to when you raise the fsb to 166 - also I assume you cant change the fsb in the BIOS to 166? (It would have been much easier to do it that way and increase gradually than change the jumpers on the mobo)

i tried 9x166 and 10 x166 it didnt boot.from the bios is to 133 bus and it goes till 165,what the hell happens,,dammit

Yea, I built a PC with such a mobo, you have options for 100-132FSB, 133-165FSB, 166-199/200FSB. and you have to select the range you want using a jumper. really not that overclocker friendly if you ask me...
I don't think that the CPU or RAM is the limiting factor here. It might be the motherboard, I heard these boards don't overclock really well. Except that I don't know what else to say... :(

ok i saw that either,but why other users with the same board have fsb 166?its weird

Lewnidas said:
ok i saw that either,but why other users with the same board have fsb 166?its weird

If you have a different stick of ram to test with? or if u have 2 sticks right now, try running with one only?

no 1 have 1!its trancend or something like what an it has samsung chips tcb3 and ofcourse is 333(pc2700)

I have a similar problem with my Shuttle AK35GT2. I think my board just doesn't have a 1/5th divider, even though it's a KT333 chipset.

the weird thing is that when i bench the mem has better bandwith from the pc2700 kt333 memory int 2137 and float 2024
and the sandra in the mainboard information at the speed of the memory tells me 2x175(350Mhz datarate) what happens know?

I'm a little unclear of your specifics, but it sounds like the motherboard might be running the memory asynchronously from the FSB, so when you set the FSB to 166, it is trying to run the memory at 200. See what I mean? Can you set the memory to run at 133, then power down and change the FSB to 166.

i went to bios i changed it to 133-266 ddr and nothing no way to boot with multiplyer 8x 9x 10x ,nothing at all.:mad:

So if I understand you correctly, you have the following settings:

IN BIOS -
CPU Host Clock Control to Disable (use motherboard jumpers default)
DRAM to 133 MHz
CPU voltage to +10%
AGP voltage to Normal
DIMM voltage to +0.3

Via motheboard jumpers -
CPU multiplier to 8,9,10
FSB to 166 MHz

You might try upping the CPU voltage to +7.5% or even +10%, if you have good cooling. I had to raise the CPU voltage from 1.50 to 1.675 to reach 10*170=1700. I could run 12*150=1800 with only 1.60, but as soon as I raised the FSB over 166 it took a lot more voltage.

Back