• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couldn't Raise Fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kk2000gt

Registered
I just built a new system for my very first time overclocking. XP2100+(LOCKED), A7N8X AND SAMSUNG PC2100(from my old comp) CPU idle temp is 35c+/-. It wouln't post when I raise the FSB to 135. I knew that the ram sucked, but I also heard people said they could reach 150 or whatever with the same pc2100. my question is do i have to unlock the CPU or to pick a nice pc3500. cos i don't wanna void the CPU warranty right now as i don't have enough knowledges about connecting the L1 bridge. any advice is appreciated.

up!
need help plz!
BTW, does any one know a website like newegg.com in canada or they can ship to canada. I really want to get a Tbred!

i was runing it in SPD not SYNC. I also upped the vcore to 1.8 but it still wouln't boot.

try setting the ram to 133. make sure the memory timings are relaxed. since it is pc2100 it might not like the tite memory timings. also bump the memory voltage to 2.75. see what that does and i will check back in a while.;)

i still got a black screen. I noticed one thing when I upped the FSB to 135 and the ram frequency automatically went up to 135. i couldn't change it at all, I wondered if it was normal.

kk2000gt said:
i still got a black screen. I noticed one thing when I upped the FSB to 135 and the ram frequency automatically went up to 135. i couldn't change it at all, I wondered if it was normal.

yes youre ram will go up with th fsb. have you flashed the latest bios for youre mobo?

i was trying to update...but i don't know how to be in DOS to create a disc. this may be a big joke for you..but you know newbie is newbie :)

kk2000gt said:
i was trying to update...but i don't know how to be in DOS to create a disc. this may be a big joke for you..but you know newbie is newbie :)

ok lets see if we can get you going with a bios flash!;)

first you will have to down load the .bin file, or awardflash.exe file that is an asus mobo right, the a7nx8?

let me go to asus's web sight and see what kind of bios files they have then i will tell you how to go about flashing the biosQ also what operating system are you using? win 98, win 2000, or xp??

thank you very much!!
I've got the bin file in my harddisk...I'm using XP...READY TO GO...HAHA

ok the first thing you will have to do is stick a 3.5 disk into the floppy drive.

go to mycomputer and right click on the A: drive. scroll down to the format option and left click on it. at the vary botom of the open window there are format options check the on that says "create an ms-dos startup disk".

this will format the disk and install DOS promt from boot.
after you format the disk post back.

and then I should restart the system and copy the flash utility and the bin file...i guess i know how to do it. hehe

o.k first things first. you have to know that flash the bios is somthing that has to be dine correctly. a bad flashing of the bios can result in damage to the mother board. and that by flashing the bios you take full responsobility of this!

the main thing is, you have the correct bios .exe for youre mobo. exacly as it was unzipped from the original .zip file.

o.k. just find the "aflash .exe " file on youre hard drive right click it scroll down to copy, left click. go to my computer, A:(make shure the formated disk is in the drive) click A: to open the disk right click on the window and select "paste". this should have you ready to flash.

next you will have to go into youre bios before you try to flash and change youre first boot option to "FLOPPY" then make sure boot other devices is disabled. now you can reboot the pc.

once the pc is in DOS CAMMAND type in "a:aflash.exe"
select option #1 "save current bios to file" and the bios should flash without any further help from you.

once the bios have flashed you will have to clear the C-MOS before fully rebooting the pc that away you have no hardware conflicts. once you clear the C-MOS you will need to go in and set all perameters for youre pc.

any questions?

Back