• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iz it me or alt moding oz loozin it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyzio

Registered
i mean before there people were posting new things daily now the posts are just updated im getting bored wid the Lcd screen and the skull mod i mean its a sweet cut out but i mean i saw it a million times now hehe nevermind i hope Alt modding will regain its old spirit hehe :D

Instead of complaining about it, why don't you do some mod and show it off?

Also, please learn to spell correctly. Using z's instead of s's isn't cool, it's just dumb.

Just like with some vehical mods, computer mods have hit a brick wall where what can be done has been done. Once somebody does something new, everyone does it and it loses its cool factor becaues everyone has one.

Its still bonus points when you go to the local lan parties and yours is the only case w/ mods though. :D

I must agree that people seem to be posting alot of stuff that should come under the 'General Chat' threads or 'General Hardware'..... But i beleive it's where people are trying to gain more stars since the points rule has been changed. Also yes there has been tons of threads started on LCD screens for PC's I for one have done a walk through on externaly mounting one and the controlers i know one or two others have as well and people looking into building an LCD could just search the threads for what they need but we are all mostly guilty of that. If you feel that someones posting is out of context or should be else where bring it to the modderator's attention.

Warning message this translated was it from Japanese to English Bable fish it using was.

BlueWraith said:
Just like with some vehical mods, computer mods have hit a brick wall where what can be done has been done. Once somebody does something new, everyone does it and it loses its cool factor becaues everyone has one.

Its still bonus points when you go to the local lan parties and yours is the only case w/ mods though. :D

Yes i agee but alot of the posts are actualy someone elses work rather than the forum members own and i think this area should be set aside for that.

Someone mentioned the Bomberman and Skull Case was getting a bit long, well that is people just voicing there opion on the case and unfortunatly the poster can't control that. 64Thunderbolt has done some amazing cuts using a water jet. I hope to use his talents when my Vapochill unit comes :rolleyes: ;)

I agree that modding has hit a wall. Thats probably why you are bored with it. 2-3 years ago a case with a window and neon was totall new and sweet. Now it seems like everyone has one. About the lan party thing though, i was at a 47 person lan a couple weeks ago, and counting my case there were 3 with windows, one totall clear case. So its still something different you can do with your comp.

i just dont like how there are pre modded cases being sold everywhere. last night i was at a lan party and one of the people there who's pretty rich and spoiled, had a chieftec case which was what i was gonna get and mod, but his had a preinstalled window and i asked him why didn't he cut it himself. he tells me "why mod it yourself if you can just get one with it already in it?". my reponse was "that defeats the whole purpose of modding cases....". i really dont like what's happening.

I apologize for making long threads, but having feedback while I'm still working on the project is very helpful. I've actually started three threads about my Bomberman rig over the past 6 months because progress was so slow.

But if you don't want to see it, then don't look :p
I love getting so much feedback about what I've done and I NEVER leave questions unanswered in my threads (hence why they get rather long).

Xevuhtess7 said:
i just dont like how there are pre modded cases being sold everywhere. last night i was at a lan party and one of the people there who's pretty rich and spoiled, had a chieftec case which was what i was gonna get and mod, but his had a preinstalled window and i asked him why didn't he cut it himself. he tells me "why mod it yourself if you can just get one with it already in it?". my reponse was "that defeats the whole purpose of modding cases....". i really dont like what's happening.
Modding has a two-faced nature. Some people do it for the satisfaction of having completed a personalized masterpiece. Others do it (or don't) simply to have bragging rights and the envy of their peers.
I find the second group to be counter-intuitive and annoying.

Why do I mod? I do it because it's NOT easy. I do it because it's mine. I do it beause I can.

I don't think modding is ever gonna go away. Even in the future when pc's are intergrated into just about everything we do someone out there will want to mod it.
And for buying pre modded cases; I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Some people want something cool, and they want it right now. So they go and buy it, they enjoy it, and people ask "where the heck did ya get that"., because they have never seen it before. Most of the average joes out there don't mod, so when they see something like that it impresses them. Granted the owner doesn't get the full satisfaction of saying "buy that, heck no man I made that".

I own a pre modded case, but there isn't a single gadget in there I didn't mod. All it has is pre installed windows with the cool looking brass screws holding them in. I just liked the way the screws looked. I modded my cdrw to match it even. But for the windows, I etched every last one of them Ziggey style with UV paint and the works.

I was totally clueless to modding before I read an article in MaximumPC which mentioned overclockers.com. Shortly after I visited this web site, every warrenty to my computer parts were void. I just couldn't leave anything the way it was.

I'll stop babbling for now. These are just opinions, and a personal experiance.

well i cant post any pictures till i get a digi cam right now im using a scanner to take pictures LOL thats the only way i was gonna post a pic but i cant get a digi cam to show u guys my case that i modded with the help of my dad on the chirstmas.(i cant use a scanner with my modded case cause the reflection on the window)

Well, the reason I havent posted alot is because: I totally butchered my antec atx case, and bought a nice li lian case, and dont want to mod it yet. Its a nice case, and dont wanna ruin it yet.

Captain Slug said:
I apologize for making long threads, but having feedback while I'm still working on the project is very helpful. I've actually started three threads about my Bomberman rig over the past 6 months because progress was so slow.

But if you don't want to see it, then don't look :p
I love getting so much feedback about what I've done and I NEVER leave questions unanswered in my threads (hence why they get rather long).

i totally agree i love the feedback and the helpful comments they sometimes keep me going when i am about to stop

I personally don't have the time right now to mod stuff but enjoy seeing what people have done. Most of it I think is tacky but shows imagination:D I personally don't care for things that aren't helpful are practiacal. Just not for me most of the time. I have seen the slowdown in the OC forums modding tho. :(

same here cuper i enjoy looking at the wonderful community making kick *** mods yo guys im gonna try to take the pics of my case this weekend or some thing after my exams then ill post them

Back