• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd cpu multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I have a question to all u old timer overclockers. I was woundering on what would be the best way to get more speed out of my processer.

Should i go up on my cpu multipier and down on the fsb or go up on the fsb and down on the multipier. My cpu isnt unlocked so i was also woundering what is the highiest and the lowiest i can go with it.

Right now iam running a Amd 1700 1.47
@ 1.61 vcore 1.85 146/36
0% cpu usage 49c, 100% cpu usage 55c
asus a7v266, 512ddr2100
ibm deskstar 40gb, os xp pro
geforce3 @ core clock 245 memory clock 560

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

Is that a tbred or palomino core.
If it's a pally, then your only option is to raise the FSB. Try increasing in 5mhz increments until your system becomes unstable then go back to the last fsb that it was stable and increase by 1mhz increments. You'll need to raise your vcore too once you start experiencing instablity.

What type of cooling do you have?

Its a -pally and I was woundering what is the most or least cpu multipier I can go to without unlocking my cpu. Also I have a volcano 9 coolmod hsf running wide open at 5200 rpm . I have got my fsb to 149 but it is unstable. I can run it at 147 but it doesnt always shutdown all the way or it will freeze up when the cpu is loaded for long time. I didnt clean off the thermal paste and put new on when i installed the new hsf I just got do u think that will make much of a difference.

Amd 1700 1.47
@ 1.61 vcore 1.85 146/36
0% cpu usage 49c, 100% cpu usage 55c
asus a7v266, 512ddr2100
ibm deskstar 40gb, os xp pro
geforce3 @ core clock 245 memory clock 560

Back