• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not Sure which PSU to get. Recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimbahpnam

Anyone have a recommendation for the best power supply that would best suit my rig (in sig)? i'm a newb and don't know anything about the voltages...but i would like to have enough power to OC and i got a UV CC in there plus a few LEDs...thanks.

i had a powmax 600 watt, but i figured that's too much..

TruePowers have independent regulation for each output voltage (most others just sort of average at least two of them) and higher combined power ratings (combined power is the same as the max power from each output used alone), and apparently they're as conservatively rated the Fortron/Sparkles, meaning they should be able to kick out 30% more power than their labels say. Apparently the SmartPowers are somewhere between the Channel Well branded (current Antecs are by CW) PSUs and TruePowers in this respect. SmartPowers do have the variable speed fan like the TruePowers.

Back