• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help troubleshooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

i have and epox 8k5a2+ and everytime i try to boot i get this crazy sound. its like a siren like two different horrible tones at that the same time....i think it may be my hardrive. has anyone else ever heard a wierd sound like that come out of their comeputer. its nowhere on the epox website so i figured it would be best to ask here because well i don't know where to ask. If i ask in the epox forum noone will see respond for days but it isn't really my motherboard anyway cause it posts fine up until the screen where the bios wuld normally show detecting my hardrives....

2 tones ,eh?
LINK
That above link should do it my friend(read the last article at the bottom about an Abit beeping) sounds like a hot situation...two -tone sound is a warning for voltage settings and overheating(the voltage being the one im assuming yours is because its at boot when cold).

Last edited:
Back