• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KK266 owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stroligo

Inactive Moderator
I have an email from someone with a picture of an IWill KK266 board, version 1.2, with a VT82C686A, not a VT82C686B, Southbridge. If any of you can handily take a quick look at your mobo, could you check to see which bridge you have?

Thanks!

I believe the difference is that the "A" version will only let your hard drive
udma 66. Version "B" is the true ATA 100. I also heard that IWILL put these
chips on by mistake, let me tell you something, I like my new IWILL KK266
but if they can't find decient help down there at their manufacturing facility
then they should give it up! We are the ones who gets the shaft. Either that or have their employies drug tested !! Every mother board manufacture
has made a mistake, some more than others. I am impressed with my IWILL M.B. but I will not carry them in my shop if they continue to do sloppy work.

Brad H. (Apr 03, 2001 09:31 a.m.):
--I believe the difference is that the "A" version will only let your hard drive udma 66.

Absolutely so.

---Version "B" is the true ATA 100.

Correctamundo.

---I also heard that IWILL put these chips on by mistake, let me tell you something

I'm going to poke around some other forums to look for evidence of this, but if you know exactly where some of it is, could you post here?

I just want to find a few more examples of this before we put this on the front page/contact IWill.

----I like my new IWILL KK266 but if they can't find decient help down there at their manufacturing facility
then they should give it up! We are the ones who gets the shaft. Either that or have their employies drug tested !! Every mother board manufacture
has made a mistake, some more than others. I am impressed with my IWILL M.B. but I will not carry them in my shop if they continue to do sloppy work.

I don't blame you at all for thinking this way. If this is more than a few freak instances, I am going to be a very unhappy camper.

If you have a KK266 and plan to check to see what chip you actually have, either look at the chip itself, or use WCPUID. Sandra (even the brand new version) will NOT identify a 686B Southbridge correctly; it just calls it a 686A.

I called IWILL about this issue, they told me that they had no knowlege of such a event (B.S.!!) and if this "is true to send back the board for a replacement.
Also I asked them for the optimal settings for the new bios.
They said that they did not know!!! "we havent had it long enough to find out "
what kind of crap is that !!
Here I was looking into becoming a reseller for the IWILL boards I am looking for other options now.

Back