• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Warranties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

ive read in these forums that sparkle and pcpowercooling guarantee 1% voltage tolerance? what if it doesn't stay within 1%.... can i rma/warranty it or sumtin to get a new one? im currently divided between going for pcpowercooling's 5 year warranty or sparkle's great value...

Sparkle guarantees no more than 1% variation from where the voltage is. Example: if your 5v line is 5.2, it will not vary more than 1% from there. It could be as much as 5% one way or the other but will not vary more than 1% from there(5.2). The PCPower and Cooling I believe keeps it's voltage within 1% period. You won't find a PC Power and Cooling at 11.7 on the 12v rail but 11.7 is only 2.5% low and atx spec has a tolerance of 5%, and 5% is really fine unless maybe you are a hardcore overclocker. The stability of each line is what you want from you PSU. If a PSU is over by .2 volts that means nothing. A PSU which is .2 under and has low ripple is far better. Most people seem to be overly concerned about being a couple percent off and that's just the tip of the iceberg when you look at all the other components and how they are designed. Hope this is easy to understand.

thanks, that cleared things up a lot. but back to my orignal question: what if the variation goes over 1%? can i claim that the psu is bad or sumtin, and get it replaced?

You should ask if you can get a replacement from whoever you get the PSU from. I'd sure think so if that's what they are guaranteeing.(is that a word)

Back