• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra mem scores low

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x-kid

my mem scores seem too low. I have a7n8x with 2 sticks of 256 corsair pc3500. Even my roommate beats me he has 2 sticks of 256 crucial pc2100. I'm tried in 1 and 3 and also 2 and 3. I don't know what i'm doin wrong.

kevin

kevinmem.JPG

x-kid said:
my mem scores seem too low. I have a7n8x with 2 sticks of 256 corsair pc3500. Even my roommate beats me he has 2 sticks of 256 crucial pc2100. I'm tried in 1 and 3 and also 2 and 3. I don't know what i'm doin wrong.

kevin

kevinmem.JPG

Have a look at this link: http://usa.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7n8x/A7N8Xqvl.htm

Asus announced that there could be probs (performance and stability) if other memory than the validated ones are used in this board....
To enable Dual DDR you have to put the sticks in 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 or all 3.

Re: Re: Sandra mem scores low

Chris1980 said:

Have a look at this link: http://usa.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7n8x/A7N8Xqvl.htm

Asus announced that there could be probs (performance and stability) if other memory than the validated ones are used in this board....
To enable Dual DDR you have to put the sticks in 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 or all 3.

If I only use one stick of 512MB PC2700, my Sandra results are the same. With 2 of them, it's way better...
It seems that there are still many issues with this board...

I had the same problem with my scores after a reinstall of XP. After I checked the control panel, I noticed it had installed Nforce drivers instead of Nforce2 drivers. That sped everything up after I changed them.

What timings are ya running on the ram and what fsb..?? I get over 3100+ mb/s at 194fsb with timings of 2.5-2-2-4 and it is rock stable. So in short I think you might wanna look elseware than blaming the board :) Mine runs sick fast with 3 sticks of corsair xms pc3500. "256mb ea"

Has anyone been succesful with PC2100 mem?

I have some samsung PC2100ctl that will do 400 fsb alone and some Muskin PC3000 that will do well over 400 fsb.

I'd like to get this stuff to sync at 175 (350) FSB as thats what it will be running at until the Bartons come out.

Thanks.

Edit, I wonder if it would even work with 2 sticks of the mushkin, I didn't see it on the list of supported memory sticks/brands.

Last edited:
Back