• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cd-r

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8vega350

if you were going to bestbuy to buy some branded cd-rws that were labled for around 20-25 bucks what ones would be the best to get

i dont know how to make a poll so i am stuck just asking

also i would like them to be at least 24x or better

I use Memorex cd's. The ones that can burn over 32x. I have never had a bad disk yet.

well the problem i was having were on the read side after about 2 weeks one of my buddies who tosses cd's around pretty hard finds that he gets alot of skippng and i noticed that the paint was flaking off but they werent branded. as for making cd's i find that making a coaster today takes effort and i am running low on coasters.

so i guess i sould have asked not witch were the best for burnning but durable over time for reading

I've had the cheap ones before that flaked and melted with just a little heat and I have Memorex ones that are 4 years old and still perfect. TDK is also a good brand.

most of the time i end up buying whatever is on sale. when i'm not buying the cheap stuff i buy verbatim.

i buy online cause i like how my cdr's look.. LOL :D
I get double sided black cdr's just cause they look good. I use em for mostly movies. Then the cheap best buy cdr's i use for data and music. :p

For the past year or three I have only used TDK, Imation, Fuji Film, and Maxell. Between those brands I can always find a good deal.

Twist said:
Anyone ever try these?

http://store.yahoo.com/yesbuy/prod80minsil1.html

Those looked like a good deal -- but are they good enough?

Generic = Bad News. Stay away, unless you want to loose data.

Once you add shipping to those cdrs the price ends up being about $23.00.

You would be better off stopping at the local best buy (if you have one), and getting these: http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=887&cat=2843&scat=517&e=11173468

Circuit City has a good deal on 100 40X Maxells (7.99 after 2 $15 MIRS): Search for 623200 on their site.

EDIT: By the way, I have burned the 40X Maxells at 48X with 100% data verification.

Last edited:
well i crusied by wallmart and looked at what they had and they had memorex 48x cdr's 100pk for 29.99 at nomal price. just figued that i would post this just incase it is a good deal

Is a good price. I'd go pick some up, except I got more than I'll use already =). Just to throw my 2 cents in, I like Verbatim and Memorex and TDK...all good brands and I like the writing surface.

I was a sucker once and bought CompUSA CD Rs and just like you guys said, the coating came off with a tiny bit of heat and the CD was ruined. That, and they'd never burn at their rated speeds...some would go just fine, the next one you put in would only burn at 8x, or something rediculous like that. Very frustrating if you're in a hurry. Just to ward people away from them, I don't support CompUSA brand products much any more. Had a lot of bad experiences with rebates and the like...

What media do you guys use for DVD burning? My father wants me to build him a media editing computer sometime in the next year or so and I need to get up on DVD burning before I commit any cash.

Back