• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which proc is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got an AMD Athlon proc for $20. As far as I can tell it is an older 1.4 Athlon. I have looked all over this forum to see about getting this chip to run in a dual mode, and have found nothing. (maby i just have crappy search skills). Here are the numbers on the chip. I don't really care about the steping of the chip, just which core it is.

A1400AMS3C
AYHJA0123MPMW
K0084770209

The all important L5 bridge is still intact. This chip will probably end up in a Tyan S2460 mobo, which I believe has the 760mp chip in it.

That looks to me to be a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz...

The text looks remarkably similar to that on the top of my 1.3 Ghz T'Bird.

Whack it into your system, and see what it is (can do :D)

You need 2 procs of the same model to work SMP. If you had 2 of those T-Birds, they would work fine with the S2460. Mixing a Palomino and a T-Bird (different cores and vcores etc) won't work.

Yeah, but even if you track down identical Tbirds, then getting them to work is *still* hit and miss...

If they DO work, though, then the system will run really nicely, however, heat and power supply problems will trouble you...

i_like_penguins said:
A1400AMS3C
AYHJA0123MPMW
K0084770209

AMD Thunderbird 1400MHz CPU, 133/266MHz FSB, manufactured 23rd week of 2001. AHYJA-K stepping. AHYJA Ys were amazing overclockers, AHYJA Ks should do OK.

David

theotherphil said:
You need 2 procs of the same model to work SMP. If you had 2 of those T-Birds, they would work fine with the S2460. Mixing a Palomino and a T-Bird (different cores and vcores etc) won't work.

exactamundo. Find another TBird 1.4 and you probably have a pretty good chance of running them in your S2460.

Back