• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ Aiuhb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

I'm gonna be upgrading a customer's K6 system to an Athlon sytem in two weeks and was wondering if anyone around has picked up a spanking new AIUHB 1700+??

I saw one last night coming home from work and they were selling for $99 at the local computer repair shop on my bus route :)

I know the 2100+ AIUHBs are killer for OCing, and I was wondering what are the chances the 1700+ models will be any good. This customer wants some serious overclocking but doesnt want to pay alot for the processor.

OC-Master

If the stepping is the same, yet it's a lowest + rating then the only difference will be that the CPU will, clock for clock, have a higher temperature than the higher + rated CPU.

Get some better cooling for your customer if you are going to overclock his system.

Farleytron said:
If the stepping is the same, yet it's a lowest + rating then the only difference will be that the CPU will, clock for clock, have a higher temperature than the higher + rated CPU.

Get some better cooling for your customer if you are going to overclock his system.

I useally try to get the Volcano 7+ or Thermalright SLK600. Although the Thermalright products are a ripoff for how much you gotta pay, I useally get the common Volcano7+

OC-Master

hey oc im gonna need a new cpu in a week when i get paid,would it be possable to mabey hook me up with one of these at that time? and just what is $99 canadian in dollars?

im just checking possabilitys and options if the 2100 B isnt in at newegg.

deathstar13 said:
hey oc im gonna need a new cpu in a week when i get paid,would it be possable to mabey hook me up with one of these at that time? and just what is $99 canadian in dollars?

im just checking possabilitys and options if the 2100 B isnt in at newegg.

I'll see what I can do. Its pretty scary trading over the internet since you never know who your trading with. LOL, in english I've never traded yet but it would be an interesting experience. I could buy the cpu then ship it too you with the bill???

All I can say is from that $99 Canadian price, you get that good stepping that everyone is raving about these days :)

OC-Master

well im not to worried myself about something like this. we would need to take this to pm soon as im sure mods wont aprove.ill pm you with details once i make up my mind.

english isnt your reguler language i take it?and no you wouldnt send the chip and a bill.id send $$$ for you to buy and ship it :D

i wouldnt with most online things buy outside of the classifieds here.but you have been here a while and seem a trusting enough person.$$$ can be replaced,a good forum is hard to find so that kinda says its a safe bet.

btw have you found anyone who has oced one of these yet?

deathstar13 said:
well im not to worried myself about something like this. we would need to take this to pm soon as im sure mods wont aprove.ill pm you with details once i make up my mind.

english isnt your reguler language i take it?and no you wouldnt send the chip and a bill.id send $$$ for you to buy and ship it :D

i wouldnt with most online things buy outside of the classifieds here.but you have been here a while and seem a trusting enough person.$$$ can be replaced,a good forum is hard to find so that kinda says its a safe bet.

btw have you found anyone who has oced one of these yet?

No one yet. I'm gonna be building this rig soon and I might just go for that 1700+. The savings from getting that CPU over the 2400+ could allow my customer to double the amount of ram in her PC. 512MB is a must nowadays as minimum. :)

BTW, english is the only language i speak :). Everything else is just Jiberish especially french. I tried learning that but gave up and decided that everything that was french is english spelt backwards anywayz :) Like Apple Juice = Juice De Pomme (Pomme meaning apple :) )

OC-Master

i have a feeling that chip will oc as well as the 2100.is it a greeny btw? they seem to be doing better imo,differant fab plant is my thinking.

and yeh i took 2 years of french in high school and failed teh class both years.1 time i even cheated on a test and still flunked the test! now thats really bad.

but i do know "rue de merde" believe it or not i learned that from benny hill and not a class.

Starfoxer said:
it's better to pay 20$ more and get a garunteed AIUHB ;)
agreed! i think that chip will oc as good as the current 2100B's

i posted a thread on 1700-1800 steppings from new egg but i havent seen any posts yet

A 1700+ AIUHB would be great. You should be able to achieve a 1 GHz overclock with water, possibly even air!

RnPgrosz said:
A 1700+ AIUHB would be great. You should be able to achieve a 1 GHz overclock with water, possibly even air!

1.4Ghz Stock -- 2.4GHz Overclock

2.4GHz possible with AIUHB core with AIR?

OC-Master

well id be more thinking about 2.2 on h20 is an excelent oc even on h20. but impossable on air let alone 2.4

OC-Master said:

I useally try to get the Volcano 7+ or Thermalright SLK600. Although the Thermalright products are a ripoff for how much you gotta pay, I useally get the common Volcano7+

OC-Master
I love my Volcano 7+, check my sig.:D

OC-Master said:

I'll see what I can do. Its pretty scary trading over the internet since you never know who your trading with. LOL, in english I've never traded yet but it would be an interesting experience. I could buy the cpu then ship it too you with the bill???

All I can say is from that $99 Canadian price, you get that good stepping that everyone is raving about these days :)

OC-Master

Where in Canada? Is it in the GTA? I'd like to go pick one up.

OC-Master When are you going to put together the system with the AIUHB 1700+? Soon?

Let us know how this chip overclocks.

7keys said:
OC-Master When are you going to put together the system with the AIUHB 1700+? Soon?

Let us know how this chip overclocks.

Hopefully two weeks. OMG, seriously, I hate it when people say there gonna do something but end up taking forever or not doing it at all. I wanna build this comp already and get that chip burnt up :) .... nvmind, burnt in :) lol This client is one of those clients who is scared to enter the wonderful world of computers and basically wants lots for nothing..

OC-Master

Back