• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn MSN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1-Man-Army

ok have u guys been getting these stupid pop ups i got a few threats once they said if i dont pay them they will keep poping these msgs here is one but this one is not a threat
pops1new.jpg

Last edited:
Umm...that has absolutely nothing to do with MSN or Windows Messenger.

That is the service "Messenger" in XP/2k or "WinPopUp" in Win98/ME. It is defaultly enabled on Windows XP and 2000.

Just browse to your Administrative Tools/Services. Stop the Messenger Service, then disable it.

Yes, it's the NET SEND command. Most people don't use it, but if you are in a school/network and need to message each other quickly, it's handy. Otherwise, if you get popups and other annoying messages, it's easy to disable.

Go into Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Open the Services Snap-in. Find the 'Messenger' service, and disable it. No more popups.

edit: Just checked the website. $30.00 USD to turn off a service!? How do these people sleep at night!?

Back