• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

about my cache and uploading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augustwest

are my work units only uploaded when the entire cache is completed?

if so how can i upload the completed wu before the entire cache is completed?

August- Seti Driver returns anything you have completed when you hit transmit. If you need wu's to fill it will download more.

If you drop your connection then it will continue next time you hit transmit although if you are in the middle of downloading a wu that part is lost forever and you will start a different wu.

Harvey

I will upload a result as soon as you finish (you'll see the SETIDriver icon changing from the blue dish to a green one) and when finished uploading will download a WU to fill the empty space.

just the ones finished. All the other ones will wait their turn to be processed. DOn't worry. If you have a permanent connection, the program will do its best to keep all you result up and your cache full (unless berkeley is down ;))

From other threads and the like, everyone suggests having a few days worth of WUs in your cache.

Yeah, I saw you cached like 200 WUs off me! lol

As soon as a WU is completed, and driver is set to auto transmit, you'll upload it to me, I'll in turn fire it off to Berkeley (I have it connected and ready to send off any time a WU is ready, 24/7), and send you another to fill the gap :)

Yeah your driver will upload it to my server, but it won't get returned to Berkeley until my server uploads at night.

gt2000: i kinda ment 20 when i did that :D lol. didnt notice till after i saved the config. oh well i have a cruncher without a nic that i need em for anyway.

Back