• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much is my psu drawing, and how much do i have left?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

helagak

Disabled
i have a "newton power" 250 watt psu, that came with my gateway... i know, i know gateway...... anyways, i know i need a better psu, but i cant afford it, but i wanna know how close i am to blowin it. cause im runnin a p4 2.533 ghz, a geforce4 ti 4600 and a maxtor 8mb millenium with 3 monitors, so i figure im close. yah so how do i figure it out? thx

Well, i'd say you've got to be awfully close to blowing it. They must really use high quality power supplies in those gateway systems. I'd recommend at least a 350w PS for that setup.

If its stable, and you don't plan on overclocking it, and don't use any usb peripherals, then feel free to keep it, I mean, if it isn't broken don't fix it. Of course, if it goes, it could take a lot of that hardware with it.

How are you running 3 monitors? Do you have 2 video cards?

Oh, and by the way:

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and stay a while. These are the best forums I have ever come across, you won't find better anywhere else.

-CPFitz-

edit: gaaaahhh......that blue....its frying my eyes....

yah, i have that matrox millenium 8mb pci card for my third monitor... and thanks for the welcome. oh yah, and i use a usb mouse.. logitec mouse man wireless or wutever. haha

Back