• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRont Side Bus Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goldenlight

What is the highest I can push the FRont side bus without currupting data on my HD. My rig is in the sig below thanks:D

goldenlight said:
What is the highest I can push the FRont side bus without currupting data on my HD. My rig is in the sig below thanks:D
There are a few things that can corrupt your HD and the PCI bus speed is just 1 of them. Most HD's do OK up to around 39Mhz, your board has a 1/5 divider (I'm pretty sure) so 39 x 5 = 195FSB. But, the other thing that will corrupt your HD is your RAM. If you run it too high, say goodbye to windows or whatever system. Windows caches system resources in ram, if your ram gets it's knickers in a twist with too high an OC, goodbye OS. This has nothing to do with the HD being out of spec, you will just get an error that such and such file can not be found or is corrupt.

Also, sometimes you may also get so and so is corrupted. The best thing to do is up the voltage on the ram and see if it boots in as nikhsub mentioned why ram is going to corrupt your HDD.

Back