• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

low 5v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stopdrpnro

hey guys i got my new kt3ultra mobo w/ the 1/5 divider so i take the fsb ups to 166 and my 5v drop to around 4.7v! (using cpucool to moninter voltages) my bios reads a little high like 4.8 but from what i've read this is pretty bad. prime is going thru all the test about 3 times then getting an error. this is either my low 5v or my memory is there a way to up my 5v (w/o messing w/ wiring , solderin, etc.) to see if it's the cuprit?

You don't say what PSU you have but many have pots inside. They look like a plastic phillips head screw. Turning it will increase or decrease voltage. Some are separate for all three rails and many the 5 and12 are adjusted at the same time. If you try this you only need to turn it just a tad. Also you should check with a multimeter as the motherboard sensors are commonly off, if not usually. Be careful and be sure to discharge the caps by turning on the computer with it unplugged and waiting 15 minutes. Best not to touch anything inside to be safe.

well the psu is a turbolink 420w, and i believe some1 else on the board had opened thiers and didn't find any pots.

Back