AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

Need Help with EPOX on board sound.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-06-01, 06:01 PM Thread Starter   #1
AKDUDE

10 Year Badge

Need Help with EPOX on board sound.

Im trying to set up a Epox MB with a Turtle Beach sound card. I want to know if I should install the AC97 drivers for the on board sound, or not install them.

Under the Windows device manager, it shows the onboard sound as not installed, with the exclamation mark.

I don't see a jumber on the EPOX 8KTA3 board to disable the AC97 audio. Should I install the drivers for it anyway? Will it work with games and such, with both sound devices running? I didn't want to run the on board sound, in case they intefered with each other, or the on board sound using up CPU cycles.
AKDUDE

2x250gig raid
AKDUDE is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 04-06-01, 10:15 PM   #2
stool

10 Year Badge

I'm not sure about the EPOX, but if there isn't a jumper, there should be a BIOS setting to enable/disable the onboard sound(probably in Integrated Peripherals). I wouldn't enable it in Windows, because with your sound card there is a good chance it will cause conflicts. If you find you can't disable it in BIOS, in Device Manager, use "disable in this profile" for the AC97 codec. That way it won't keep showing up to annoy you.

Old 04-07-01, 01:21 AM Thread Starter   #3
AKDUDE

10 Year Badge

Your right stool, I found it later on tonight in the bios, after slapping my forhead and saying "DUH!".
I guess I had a blonde moment!
AKDUDE

2x250gig raid
AKDUDE is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards