• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Info at the Team Website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
In an attempt to provide the members of the GREATEST TEAM in SETI with new and useful information about their efforts I have been working on a new section for the Individual Stats and it is now ready for your viewing pleasure. I hope everyone finds it of some value and interest.

You will find a new choice on the "Indiv Stats Page", linking you to the new section.

Respectfully
SkyHook

I like them, but you should add to the green and red explanation that the decrease of the avergae CPU time can also take into account that you have adquired more powerfull equipment.

Take me as an example, when I started I had my work PC (which is still alive) that produced a WU every 12-14 hours, and my PIII 550 that produced a WU in 10 hours, later I upgraded it to a PIII 850 that produced a WU in 7-8 hours and finally now I'm crunching a WU in 4 hours (two as it's a dual :D). So my average keeps getting lower as the rate of 4 hour WU increases. The current mix is 14 WU that took 13 hours to crunch and 70 WU that took 4.5 hours, that would make an average of 5.9 hours. My average will be going there if I keep the current mix. If I manage to get another PC or upgrade any of the ones I have I'll have another limit toward I'll be getting my average.

If any other guy suddently adquires a very slow PC and cruncher exclusively with it his average will take a hit as it will be working toward the real average.

So as you see, it's more like a measurement of the current processing power you have (both in raw power and number and dedication) that a measurement of tweaks.

I absolutely agree with you Mictlan, there are a multitude of variables that will influence Average CPU Time either positively or negatively. I only scratched the surface of these possibilities with my limited explanation in order to prompt Team Members to research and discuss with others what is happening in their particular situation.

As another example, take someone who initially is running the "screensaver" and produces some amount of completed WUs. This will give them a very high Avg Time per WU, then hopefully after discovering and joining our Team they are convinced to switch to the CLC client. They should see some drastic reductions in their Average Time, again based on the number of "slow" WUs, compared against the increasing number of "faster" WUs now being sent in.

This whole section is an ongoing experiment for me to try and increase my knowledge and skills in data analysis and information distribution, so what it might grow into is anybody's guess. This initial phase was an attempt to put some info out there that I found interesting and had not seen available in this form elsewhere. It appears that at the very least it might spark some discussions, which is a good thing.

SkyHook

I agree with that one. And besides, it's good to see that we have more stats on the webpage :D......stats junkies will hit our page more often.

Works great in IE, but bad link in Netscape.

I like the stats a lot! Thank you for the effort. Is it possible to make this a searchable database? Right now I have to look through several pages of rankings trying to find my ID because I did not remember my ranking number as of last sunday.

I also like your thought on adding a section for measuring the fastest WU Time for each user for the week. That would show the results of tweaking the OC on a machine and the rest of the "farm" would not bring down this score.

Keep up the good work, stats pages like this keep up the morale of the trooops!

If you have trouble finding your position right now you can try using SETISpy. In the Team Stats tab you can look at which place are you. You just will have to increase the team download in Setup/Update/Server/Team stats until your position is displayed in the bottom of the screen.

As for looking exactly at which is the fastest WU you upload that is a little bit difficult as berkeley don't keep a separate record of each WU each user donates. It just add the CPU time each time you access the server.

As in the SETISpy Help file

You can also specify detailed information about how the user, country, and team statistics are retrieved and displayed. On the User stats page you should specify your SETI@home account email address so that SETISpy can retrieve your user and team statistics from the SETI@home servers. On the Team stats page you can select the team type (e.g. all teams, small company teams, medium company teams, etc.) that your team should be compared with for ranking purposes. There is also a team stats download size to find user name feature on the Team Stats page so that users in team positions 200+ can get their positions if they are willing to sacrifice the bandwidth. A download size of 30KB is good for about 100 positions. So, if you are at position 1000, your need to set the download size to at least 300KB to get your actual position. If you want to dislpay an alternative web page is you click on the user name, country, or team name hyperlinks on the user and team statistics pages, you can specify them here on the Statistics Server Setup page.

Oops, I was not clear enough. I know my current ranking (773 on team OC). What I did not know was my ranking as of last Sunday.

The new stats page does not show me at 773, it shows me at 801 where I was on Sunday.

Since I did not remember my ranking as of Sunday, I had to load the 700-800 page, then try the 800-900 page and then I found my user ID. Thus a search option would be very helpful.

Look out top 200, I'm gainin on ya!

Team Website Has Search Function

At the top of every page on the team website there is an animated "SEARCH" icon. Click on it and a page comes up allowing you to enter a keyword to search for. That search will bring up a list of all pages within the site that contain that word.

Example: Type in SkyHook and it will provide links to every page where my Username appears

Respectfully,
SkyHook

How is it possible to see individual work unit completion times for members using the Berkeley stats? I don't see how we're going to grab that kind of data for inclusion in the stats.

That was exactly my point, Tim. I haven't found a way in the berkeley server to check that one. I was thinking that the way Sean programmed the Top 50 times is like this:

1.- You'll need the data of one day (total WU returned and total CPU time donated).
2.- Then the data of another one.
3.- You can substract (CPU time1-CPUtime2)/(total WU1-total WU2) and you'll have an average of how much time took to crunch the latest WU returned.

This can be easily done if you keep the data handly, as in the Weekly Stats spreedsheet you keep or in the ones Ron have.

Dumb question:

Is it possible to sort the data table for "Change in Average CPU Time per WU" by the Average CPU time column?

Then I could judge my time against my peers. I was trying to figure out how many members of the OC team crunch a WU faster than I do, but it is a bit of work to manually count each page.

I guess I'm a stats geek.

Back