• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II RAID : New ABit BIOS Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slender Loris

Registered
The latest ABit BIOS (TH7H BW - 11.07.02) 'Provides CPU multiplier up to 24X in SoftMenu' and additonal microcode. The multiplier is locked in the CPU. Multipliers upto X40 or more are selectable in the BIOS but do not seem to do anything.
How is the new multiplier applied if at all?
Were multipliers selectable in earlier ABit BIOS's?
What does the new microcode contribute?
Anybody for comments on the new BIOS?

ThanX in advance.

The multiplier on the intel cpu's is locked. which means you can maybe change it in the bios but it still is what it is.
In the bios higher multipliers are for future cpu's. The microcode changes are for certain chips and features such as celly's.
I might be mistaken but the 24 X seems to be a typo as earlier bios did this change. I'm still using 7c..

ThanX for your comments which support my conclusions. I note that your FSB is fixed at 133. Is this a feature of 7F? I am using a SFB Modifier to fix the PCI/FSB ratio at default and can only get 121 FSB. Have tried 6 BIOS's (ABit and MrNatural) but all give 122 FSB max. I assume I have a poor CPU.

My bios is 7c. my pci and agp bus is fixed to 33/66 in the bios.
I have an 133 fsb chip so I just set the Fsb to 133 or higher if I want. My memory setting is 300mhz which keeps the ram at 800 when at 133fsb.

you don't need the sfb modifier do you?
what chip are you running and how high do you want to go?

The modifier allows me to vary the PCI/Ratio or fix the speed of each of these to the default. I can then increase the FSB in small increments from within Windows without going thru' the full reboot or the problem of getting into Windows. The BIOS's I have used have not allowed me to fix the PCI.
I have a 1.8a and I want to get 2.4 or better (like most other people) with 1.6v (1.7v in BIOS). Have tried 1.85v in hacked BIOS's (1.78v true) but can only get 121 FSB.

I think 7c might be your best bios choice or bf. Not much difference.
I don't think too many people are using software to mod the fsb. I would try going to 7c and see what happens with a fixed setting. As far as vcore if you can't get close to 2.4 with 1.7 then its probably the chip.

Back