• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my VCORE 1.9???? Looks Like asus adds Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

I got a 2100 T-bred B here (running at 1.85V) and I would like to mod my board for the extra voltage. I have noticed that many people who have this chip have the volt mod on and run about 1.9V to the chip. But I noticed that My VCORE is already at 1.9V?? what gives? Infact I noticed at every setting that the voltage is about .5v higher. So 1.750 is really 1.8 vcore? So what I'm asking is:
Is my chip already running at 1.9V????? I would rather not waste my time with a VMOD on this board if my chip is akready running that high.

Thanx for the help!

Are you seeing this reading in the bios or with a 3rd party monitor? My boards run about .02 volts over the actual setting, so at 1.85 is about 1.87.

Heyas TC,

Yea this is through the bios.. I also run MBM 5 with A7N8X Patch and that also shows 1.9V...

yes, the a7n8x, overvolts around .02-.05, just like my a7v333:D, wonder why they perform better in the review?, what else could be higher? memory? just like the a7v333 base on standards!:D

so many ?'s

Yea I figured they OverVolted.. That kinda sux since I was hoping to get more Out of my CPU by volting to 1.9V.. I would rather not go beyond that since it may cause damage.

Just odd though why people are volt modding. As I see it does any A7N8X run at Spec voltage?? I'm wondering why people are volt modding at all when all they run it upto is 1.9V.
Are people really modding to get .02 more? I guess you can but I dont see how that would help

I was going to save this question till later but maybe I can get help here. I'm having some real bios Problems. I got 1002.003 and well it's starting to bug me. Every damn time I boot I get "System failed memory Test" (this is as soon as I turn on the power button... while the computer checks video memory!).
I see that most of my probs are due to the Multiplier change in the bios. I'll turn off my computer and Bam "CPU overspeed plz set correct cpu speed". (running 12x multi atm) . It stays fine if i reboot but its screwed when I turn it off.

Another thing and I guess :/ I should be happy I got this high. But i'm running Corsair PC3500c2 and no matter what I cannot go over 200fsb! I am running 199 atm fin but forget running 200. Anyone have Ideas here so I can get a higher FSB? I ran my multi down real low so I know the cpu isnt the prob. I think it's just the damn Northbridge holding me back. (BTW.. my Northbridge is Ice cold with the stock heatsink)

Atari said:
I was going to save this question till later but maybe I can get help here. I'm having some real bios Problems. I got 1002.003 and well it's starting to bug me. Every damn time I boot I get "System failed memory Test" (this is as soon as I turn on the power button... while the computer checks video memory!).
I see that most of my probs are due to the Multiplier change in the bios. I'll turn off my computer and Bam "CPU overspeed plz set correct cpu speed". (running 12x multi atm) . It stays fine if i reboot but its screwed when I turn it off.

Another thing and I guess :/ I should be happy I got this high. But i'm running Corsair PC3500c2 and no matter what I cannot go over 200fsb! I am running 199 atm fin but forget running 200. Anyone have Ideas here so I can get a higher FSB? I ran my multi down real low so I know the cpu isnt the prob. I think it's just the damn Northbridge holding me back. (BTW.. my Northbridge is Ice cold with the stock heatsink)

well for me the 1002.003 doesn't do jack, best one for stock is 1001E and to have multi's control 1002.001,

199 you won't be to pass that without a mod to the north bridge, and I'm 200%, ram is not the problem;)

oh, before I forget, make sure you test the memory with progs like mem86, to make sure you don't have things up slow, sometimes there are small errors that won't show up right away:rolleyes:

Atari said:
Yea I figured they OverVolted.. That kinda sux since I was hoping to get more Out of my CPU by volting to 1.9V.. I would rather not go beyond that since it may cause damage.

Just odd though why people are volt modding. As I see it does any A7N8X run at Spec voltage?? I'm wondering why people are volt modding at all when all they run it upto is 1.9V.
Are people really modding to get .02 more? I guess you can but I dont see how that would help

no, it doesn't without you wanting it?

also volt mod is to get 2.19, but I found out that it kills my memory performance by going over 1.95:(

also, why mod? with 1.95 only 2500, with 2.14 gets me 2625;)

Thanx for the help nunez.

Yea I agree its not the memory. I am thinking about goin to 1002.001 what do u think?? I havent unlocked my chip so the 1002.xxx is kinda priority.

Yea I was thinking about doin that Vmod to the Northbridge. Did you see what they had todo though?? No offense but I dont think i'm going to hot glue wires all over the place todo it. I dont ming the SMD grabbers but no thanx when it comes to soldering and hot glue. Did you find an easier way? I only found one forum link of somone doing it.

nunez1980 said:

no, it doesn't without you wanting it?

Whatcha mean?

Lol yea but man dont yah think runnin 2V on the chip will just kill it in months?? maybe less? Hey i'm willing to try anything but the word is dont do over 1.9v. i'm soooo damn tempted though..

Edit: Yah know I'm wondering if reseating my SLK-800 would help in anyway for more OC.. It was a complete B**** to get that thing on. My temps are about 49C under full load. What do you think?

Last edited:
Atari said:

Whatcha mean?

Lol yea but man dont yah think runnin 2V on the chip will just kill it in months?? maybe less? Hey i'm willing to try anything but the word is dont do over 1.9v. i'm soooo damn tempted though..

Edit: Yah know I'm wondering if reseating my SLK-800 would help in anyway for more OC.. It was a complete B**** to get that thing on. My temps are about 49C under full load. What do you think?

ok, check this out, me over 1.9v without proper cooling is indeed asking for it, I run my chip always below zero with that much voltage, you shouldn't do it with air ;)

sometimes reseating it might help, but if it is done properly doing it again won't help but try it and good luck :D

If you volt mod the board you can go well above 1.9 volts. Nobody is doing it just to get 1.9 - some people are going up to 2 volts with extreme cooling.

Well so far the cause for my low FSB speed (well if 199 is slow ehhehe ;) seems to be my memory?? At least I think. I posted a msg on regular Motherboard thread for advice.

Titled: Should I be Returning my Corsair Memory????

Back