• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP or CNA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twyst

Ok I'm looking for an Opinion poll sorta thing here.
I just finished getting my A+ certification last week and now I'm moving on to bigger and better things. My only question is which direction should I go first? My options at the moment appear to be:

MCP (Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro) -> working towards MCSA/MCSE

CNA (Certified Novel Administrator) -> Possibly working towards CNE (Engineer)

RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)

I'm not taking classes, I think they're a waste of money. I'm just studying from books and websites. Money's not really an objective since I'm getting my tax return soon. My real question is which of the previous 3 do you think is more reputable and useful? If I'm barking up the wrong tree advice is always welcome.

study?

I got MCP and MCSA , mcp is test 70-210 i believe , i got all the answers for all the tests , exact same off the test :) on the mcp test , you get 50-60 questions , but to pass it you will have to memorize 200 answers just in case, i took the test and got a score of 93 percent within 20 minutes. Once you get MCP you get a nice welcome box from microsoft , you also get a id card with your name and id to get access to all there cool stuff, halographic idcard with MCP , then mcsa and mcse. dont ask for tests , just msg me and ill show u were to get the answers but it does cost $$ like 40 bucks but u will pass the test 100 percent if u just memorize the answers , all 200 of them , not that hard just memorize the answers , forget about the questions.

To be honest I'd rather learn the material than memorize the answers. What kind of professional would that make you?

Plus I was under the impressions that the adaptive testing software that they use pulls questions from a source of 1500+ questions not 200. Also I didn't think they gave you a percentage score. All I got with my A+ was a pass/fail report informing that I had exceeded the required 600pts to pass out of a 1300 possible. But I'll take any study info you've got PM me or post a link if you've got it.

The mcp test had only 200 questions when i did . 500 ? no way man . MCP is only like 200 around 200 , no way 500 , maybe your talking about all the tests put together.

all you need is the answers , with that you can learn even more !! besides you think i would spend 2 grand on classes? 40 dollars plus the exam 110 dollars is much better then 2 grand and all the books.

check this out ! www.chinacertify.com

Iam a Microsoft Certified System Administrator LAOL

Last edited:
here is the answers , its a freebie from chinacertify , its a lite version but all the answers are there.

1. All the questions and answers in your 70-210 exam are word for word the same in this guide. Download the guide now and get MCP certified within 3 days!
2. This free 70-210 guide Lite version is a special offer. The only difference between the 70-210 Lite version and the full version for sale is that the Lite version dose not contain explanations.
3. There are no other Lite version guides available.

Test exam 70-210 MCP
http://www.chinacertify.com/cgi-bin/topdl/210-lite.zip

btw this is overseas so they cant do **** about it
it works , ive seen n00b's walk away with MCSD.

Last edited:
Sites like these are the reason that no employers take these certs seriously anymore. I am a CompTIA certified A+ and N+ Technician. Know what i do for a living? I'm a welder! It used to mean something to get your certs. Now it just means you memorized answers from braindump.com and didn't learn a thing.

clash said:
Sites like these are the reason that no employers take these certs seriously anymore. I am a CompTIA certified A+ and N+ Technician. Know what i do for a living? I'm a welder! It used to mean something to get your certs. Now it just means you memorized answers from braindump.com and didn't learn a thing.

Was your N+ hard? Im studying for mine right now. Seems pretty easy untill I get deeper into the book.

I kinda agree. but then again Ive seen morons come out of a 2000$ mcse class. pass the test. Then get in a practical situation and not know what the Fu*k they are doing. I can do a better job of setting up a server and networking a building then some fresh Mcse's Ive seen. Just cause you have the book knoledge doesnt neccesarily mean you totally understand or are actually capable of the task. I think hands on expearence is much better of a teacher.

But when I go for my MCSE (Hopefully sometime soon.) I want to learn the material myself too. I want to get a decent job. Assuming theyre are any left lol.

I'm of the mindset that it's more important to know why something is the correct answer instead of simply knowing the correct answer. But I also don't think the classes teach anything that you couldn't get from just studying the books and setting up a practice lab yourself.

You've got the right attitude twyst. Any fool can memorize answers but in the long run it's definitely better to understand why an answer is correct.

Tork sounds like one of the many whose certification is only fit to wipe his butt with and so devalues it for the rest of us. :rolleyes:

If you're trying to get your foot in the door then get Microsoft certified. You can take any current Microsoft exam and that will get you certified as an MCP. You will probably want to pick an exam that will get credited towards MCSA or MCSE later on.

If you're already an IT pro I would go RHCE. Linux is slowly creeping up on Windows and with the way MS is changing their licensing, more and more companies may turn to Linux. It also broadens your skill set and makes you more marketable.

That was my thinking behind getting an RHCE it's only one test as opposed to 7 for MCSE or 5(?) for the CNE. How wide spread is Linux in the corporate server space now? Seems like I read 70% on a Linux site but I'm not positive whether or not that's fan BS or not.

I've only come across a few Unix based servers and workstations among all the places I've worked so far, although I'm sure a lot of company's are using them. Windows is still the OS behind most corporate networks but it's getting too expensive, especially in today's economy. It just makes sense to go over to Linux.

Tork said:
The mcp test had only 200 questions when i did . 500 ? no way man . MCP is only like 200 around 200 , no way 500 , maybe your talking about all the tests put together.

all you need is the answers , with that you can learn even more !! besides you think i would spend 2 grand on classes? 40 dollars plus the exam 110 dollars is much better then 2 grand and all the books.

check this out ! www.chinacertify.com

Iam a Microsoft Certified System Administrator LAOL

200 questions dude are you kiddin me sorry to sound mean but did you even take the test i believe it was either 50 or 60 ?s i would advise against braindumps you will not learn anything other than an answer

Twyst if i were you i would do the mcse track i am currently debating on taking the cna but i think i am deciding against it as we dont use it where i work and there is no reason to learn it basically if i were you i would look at the network + then go on with the mcse track

there is around 200 questions , but 50 to 60 of them will be on the test like i said in my other posts if u scroll up . take the test , burn me alive if the stuff iam saying is not true

cert.jpg

i used prometric.com , there the best. just sign up and take test when ready

ok i now see what you were saying before there are around 200 ?s but you will only get 50-60 it was totally unclear on your post i just dont want someone to think since there are that many ?s on the test they wont want to take it........i can post a pic of my card too if youd like how bout the pin :) im just playing around with you now so i will just go ahead and leave this thread

Back