• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows ME restart problem with ABIT K7A mobo, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
T

tim

I have an Abit K7A w 800 mhz duron, Oced to 145x7=1015, very stable, just some problem with Sound Blaster card. However, whenever I restart from Windows ME, the system just could not make it back to Windows at all, after a long beep, it stalls. I have to toggle the Power supply switch and everything would work just fine. That happens all the time? I use WW bios. Does The newer bios WZ help? Please, I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Your sound blaster card doesn't need to be in the5th slot. Abit told me that the 5th slot is shared with the agp. I have mine in the3rd slot and had no problems. But I am running win 98 se. I have been reading of people having trouble with win me. That is one reason I havn't switched. Is your copy an upgrade or a oem? If it is an upgrade you might try an oem.

I use the OEM version of win ME, SB16 in slot 3, SOHO NIC in slot 5, ZOOM modem in slot 2, Matrox G450 dual head in AGP slot. The system rocks; but only I can't restart from ME, have to shut down and hit the power button again every time. I had the Turtle Beach Montego A3D and It is a no no. My system crashed all the time with that sound card.

Back