• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ack 3.3 down to 2.8v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

I thought that everything would be cool with my new external PSU ( http://www.david.westcoastfieros.com/outsidepower ) but today while playing UT2003 online, My voltage alert started beeping like crazy and forced UT2003 to minimize to the tray and opened up the power moniter window. It graduley climbed back up. But this is starting to make me madd. How can this PowMax 350watt PSU suck so badly. I know that the 3.3 has nothing really to do with the 12v line but I was hoping that by not straining the 12v on the PSU that the PSU could maintain the other lines better. I may order one of these 500watt PSU;s and have it shipped to my Dads place in Oregon.

Now for the Newbee section of this Post. WHAT THE HECK does the 3.3v lead run. What can I change to try to unload it. It seems to drop off when I am running hard programs.

Back