• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on between a 9500 and ti4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bullion

Registered
As the heading says i have to get a new video card. The 4200 is cheaper, but if i got the Raedon 9500 id mod the card to turn it into a 9700 of sorts. So both will be overclocked. The ti is cheaper but it isnt dx9. what do people suggest?? I think the price difference is about $20-$50 aus.

cheers

Itll be going into a athlon 2100 tbred B thatll be overclocked so cpu power isnt really an issue

Evnas said:
I would go with the 9500. They have proven to be very nice cards, even without the mod.

I agree with Evnas.

The 9500 has proven to be a good card. Plus, the DX9 support with the 9500 will give it a longer life-span. However, I wouldn't assume that the 9500 mod is going to work. Often, these types of mods do not work, so don't buy a 9500 unless your willing to live with it "as is" if the mod fails.

As for being overclockable, either card would probably do. Though the 9500 would probably require a bios update.

9500 to 9700 mod would be my bet... and this is another Nvidia user who is saying this.

Actually, I like both ATI and Nvidia... hmmm maybe I am an Nvidiati?

I went with the 9500 nonpro and softModded it using RivaTuner.

Overclocked to 351/303 w/ stock cooler.

Got mine to better than 9700 Pro scores for

$159 SHIPPED FROM NEWEGG!!!!

really a nobrainer....fastest video card on the planet for that cheap?!?!?!?!? versus a POS 4200?!?!??!?!

Johnny Mo

Back