• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turn 9500non pro int a 9700 or 9700pro if you want!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TLC

Ahhh if you've missed the whole 9500 mod thing...

Basically, the 9500 non-Pro is built on a 9700 PCB, with some stuff deactivated. It's possible, either through a physical mod or through a software thing, to unhide those hidden pipes and basically make the card a 9700. However, there's been some speculation that some of the 9500s are really 9700s where the pipes didn't all work, meaning that unhiding them would be bad. So, the chart says 128 bit (which is in spec), while the rivatuner see 256 bit, because it notices the hidden components.

How its done,

http://www.maxdownloads.com/~ian/wizzard/

You can even make you newly made 9700 into a pro.

Ps only works for 9500 non pros but thats ok they are cheaper to buy.

TLC said:
How would I know I do not stop in every other month.:)

Take a look at the upper-right corner of this page... see that "Search" button, 2nd from the right? That's how. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Morbid said:

Take a look at the upper-right corner of this page... see that "Search" button, 2nd from the right? That's how. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Do a search before every post? ya right.

How about a guy like yourself reads the title of the post and says to himself "Hmm, I have already heard about that topic before" So instead of clicking on it to do a smart *** comment you just scoll past it and go on with your day.:rolleyes:

Or you could take a few extra seconds and atleast check out all the way back to the second page of threads. I know its tough clicking that extra button, but if you put 1/8 the effort into reading that you do into being a smart mouth, you wouldn't have posted such redundant thread with such poor quality information.

OC Noob said:
Or you could take a few extra seconds and atleast check out all the way back to the second page of threads. I know its tough clicking that extra button, but if you put 1/8 the effort into reading that you do into being a smart mouth, you wouldn't have posted such redundant thread with such poor quality information.

If you do not like the topic ,what the hel1 are you doing here? Why bother typing a reply, if the post if so redundant to you.

Get a life, and move on, don't troll through every single thread on a message board.

Back