• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I hate a7n8x!!!!NEED HELP!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

counterscot

Registered
I need help!!!! I switched from my abit kd7-raid to a a7n8x and im having a load of problems!!! I have always used abit so i need some help with the setings on this. I cant overclock very good at all, im running the 1002beta4. I have a 2100+tbred (aiuhb) with xms 3200, slk800, i was at 2300mhz with my abit. Sometimes when i change some setting in the bios it just shuts off after i save it and i have to clear it. Im realy ****ed and im going to run this mobo over and kick in to the ground PLEASE HELP ME!!!

First calm down a bit, then try to give us more specific questions and problem descriptions.

Heh yeah take a breath and you will get through this ;) More information about what settings etc you have been trying would be helpful.

For starters though verify that you do not set your corsair xms memory to cas3.0 or you will have to clear cmos (I mention this only because you said that you have had to and this is one possible reason).

ok 1 problem at a time first why does my mobo shut off after changing some settings in the bios? Is the bios bad? No im not running at cas 3.

One thing is that you might have a crappy bios. Asus put your bios (.004) up for like a day and took it down and put up bios 003. Maybe they took it took it down kuzz it was fault. Try 1001c or the latest beta bios on Asus's site and see if you problems are still there.

Im realy ****ed and im going to run this mobo over and kick in to the ground PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Heheh, another satisfied customer. Hopefully i have better luck if the mailman ever decides to drop it off...

I just flashed to the 1002 3 bios. What should i set my agp bus to (ti-4600)? Do you have to go up in fsb a certain # per time?? Like 2mhz per time? This bios is beter running @ 2.1 so far

1001.c ?

I finally got my board, and yes this bios is very flaky. Man it took me an hour and a half just to get it to post. Sometimes it would let you go into bios, sometimes a blank screen. Clearing cmos didn't help. I really don't even know what i did to get it to run... Think it was after i moved the jumper on the board to 200 FSB. I bought a new 1800 Tbred and 3200ddr today, hoping to get a better OC than my 1600 ddr2100 was getting. It dont like it. It will not post with the new ddr400 in the #1 simm socket. Moved it to #3 and it runs, Bios says that the 1800 is running a 6.5 multiplier. Try to change it, it says different than what SiSoft Sandra says it is. This bios is crap. I love the board, hate the bios. It's just too flaky. I've been trying for the last hour to get a new bios from asus.. Guess what, there servers are overloaded and i can't connect. Surprise.

Use BIOS 1001.C or 1002.001. Those seem to be the most tolerant BIOS's to use if you're changing your multis.

ugh..."Cannot find server"...heh...
I agree...ya know, i was so full of happiness when i got this board...got it to 170fsb synced no prob...it only worked because it was like...the first and only change i made...if i try and change it up or down now it crashes and i have to clear cmos...lol...i should try, like, resetting cmos...and setting it to 180 and see if it works then...like i said, mebe the first change u make will work...hmm...

btw, i love that sig, clash! "Cooling: It gets hot, i blow on it."

clash said:
yes, i ouwld if i could connect to asus to get it... server overload going on 4 hours now

Asus site can be slow but it's probably got something to to with the massive DoS attacks which happened in the states around the time of your posting......... 5 or more of the Root DNS servers are unreachable due to ......... A MS security hole, which guess what had a patch months ago. So for once don't blame Ms but the lazy Sys-Admin's :mad:

Although to be fair to the sys-admin's applying MS patches is just as dangerous as not applying them :eek:

thingi

Yeah, i finally got the flash. Did a search for the exact file name on Google. Got it from some other site. Luckily it was actually the correct flash. I was worried about flashing with something not directly from asus. But Most problems gone now. I am however gonna go get a new battery tomorrow. It still don't like to reboot when i make changes in the bios. Have to clear cmos...

Back