• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to adjust multipliers with an A7M266D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
Here's my post from another thread:

What bridges to pop? Hmm...
Take a look at this

As you'll see, the last L3 is connected for multipliers up to 12.5. v For 13 and up, the bridge is open.

This is a great way to adjust multipliers for a board that doesn't allow multiplier adjustment. (HINT HINT ALL THOSE WITH DUALIES LIKE THE A7M266D)

I just did it with my 1700+ t-bred just to see if it works.
Instead of a 9V battery, I used the 5V line off a 250W power supply. I blew two bridges, and now it defaults to 13X. I'll be getting another and going for the asus board soon....

The 1700+ is a good choice. All the bridges are connected and you just have to blow the ones you need to to get the desired multiplier.

I don't really think you can call hardwiring a multiplier "adjusting".... kinda misleading.

This isn't news, anyway. People have been doing this since the original TBird/Spitfire days.

I won't argue the connotations of a word... that's kind of pointless. What I will say is that lots of SMP people seem to forget that you can use the L3's to adjust the multiplier. I see lots of complaining that you are "stuck" with a certain multiplier on certain boards. This is definately not true. And the above method is a lot safer than using power tools.
Anyways, you can blow all the bridges, then repaint them, and you'll never have any pits to fill if you choose a 1700XP. Hopefully, you can get tbred B's at some point. Then you'll possibly be able to have a duallie in excess of 2.2ghz. 333fsb will NOT kill cheap SMP. And maybe with a little luck, even barton won't, though I wouln't bet anything on it.

Back