• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd heating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeadPool

Disabled
I kinda laughed at all the posts about amd heat rooms and such. Well the heater went out today (what I was at skoo) and I left the comp on all night for some reason. So it's been nice en warm in my bed room ahh am I happy :)

My comp creates so much heat that after 4 days running (and crunching SETI :) ) in my closed off bedroom with VERY bad insulation, it starts to get so warm that my computer can't deal with it, and automaticaly shuts off SETI temporarly so it dosen't freeze up!

JigPu

I'm going to Uni next year, and they don't allow cooking apparatus in the rooms. I'm thinking of getting a dirty great bit of copper and strapping it to my processor, in the hope of using it as a hotplate. Reckon it'll work?

it may work for low temperatures, i'd be afraid of spilling on the motherboard tho. I wouldn't trust anything to be "cooked" on it, but it'll warm stuff up.

I have 2 AMD's in my room, if I leave the door closed it gets like an oven. I just sit around in a t-shirt while its 10deg outside.:cool:

I have two AMDs in rackmount configuration parallel watercooled through one large radiator that is blown by two 10" fans. I've disconnected the baseboards in my apartment, and the two machines (200W), pump (100W), routers/switches/hubs/APs (?W) heat my entire house. Since disconnecting the baseboards, I've saved $10 a month from last winter, and my house is always a toasty 68F (the computer room is around 80F). The fans really help circulation, and I always have warm air blowing across my feet at either desk I sit at. I do have good insulation, however, and that probably helps the temps stay up.

i have 3 amds and 3 intels in here 5 are turned of but when i have a lan party with my friends an my door is closed and all 6 are on it gets way to hot in here. even with just my one amd it gets 80 degrees and i am the kinda person that likes it about 50 degrees all year long.

Back