• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB cooling for 8RDA+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

Is it nececeary to replace the standard NB cooler? If yes, how much/what is needed to cool it properly.

I also hear that the die surface is larger with the Nforce2 chipset than with VIA chipsets. Would this be a problem when choosing a cooler?

I removed the N.B and put some Artic silver under.Then i did the Vdd mod to get 1,8 volt and its not warm at all at 225 fsb.
If yours are warm clean it and put some Artic S. under and add a fan to it.:)

Anyone try a ThermalTake Crystal orb on the NB??

I have a crystal orb and an older blue orb (lapped base) sitting around.

Do the Vantec Iceberg's mounting holes line up with the 8RDA's NB mounting holes or are you using thermal epoxy??

Later

G

!~^G*Love^~! said:
Anyone try a ThermalTake Crystal orb on the NB??

I have a crystal orb and an older blue orb (lapped base) sitting around.

Do the Vantec Iceberg's mounting holes line up with the 8RDA's NB mounting holes or are you using thermal epoxy??

Later

G

Exactly what I need to know I was wondering if a CORB would be better than passive and if it could be attached via arctica alumina adhesive

Cisco KId

Henry Rollins II said:

Yep the link has been posted already kinda old old news, I still bought my board cause to be honest 200 fsb is good enough for me, and I will prolly do the vdd mod for the heck of it , cause we are overclockers LOL

Cisco KId

I wanna know if CORB would be good alternative for the NB passive cooling

Heres my NB cooling. That baby added about 1-3c on to my water temp. So that NB is putting out some heat. My CPU temp is the same though.

waterblocks1.jpg

sminker,
Thats pretty cool looking do you have any thing on the south bridge?
RickD

Last edited:
I just added a fan to my north bridge, but then i fried my board doing the VDD mod, so i didnt really get to see what good the fan did :(

WyrmMaster said:
I just added a fan to my north bridge, but then i fried my board doing the VDD mod, so i didnt really get to see what good the fan did :(

Ouch! That sucks..... :(

How much will the temp drop if add AS3 to the NB?

Back