• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

image tearing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bananaman

Registered
Hi,

Well i have my XP2400 at 11.5x187 and any higher i get tearing in 3d mark. I have 3500 ram so that will cope fine (had it asynce up to 240), but i am just wondering about options

I was thinking of whipping off the NB and putting some AS3 on it, at the mo i have just taped a 40mm fan to stock NB, although it doesnt seem to get very hot - hopefully through cooling rather than lack of contact with NB.

Other than that can't think of anything else today

NANA

yeah sounds like an agp prob to me, not the board... make sure it is locked around 66-68 when overclocking.

yeah i got AGP locked, tried turning Fast Writes off and that didnt help. But i am sure ihave locked AGP at 66. Maybe i will try 68 or something. Justr annoying as have so much room left in RAM and something else is going URGHGHHGH :p

any more suggestions?

thanks for help

NANA

have raised AGP voltage to no avail. Dont know why i am getting this tearing. i have run mem test for 8 hours and found no errors and it is stable with sandra runnnig with 3d mark while surfing so i dont tinh it is the ram. It looks as if the GFX memory is overclocked to far and get that angled image tearing, although it even happens when my GFX is UNDERclocked. Really cant think what it could be.

Is it worth trying a new BIOS? and if so which is the best one to overclock with?

thanks

NANA

I seem to be having this same problem as well. Running my system right now at 195x10 at 1.65volts and I'm rock stable with prime95 for 24 hours. Problem is, when I play games, I get tearing quite a bit and it's really annoying.

I've also noticed that the voltages with 3 different PSU's for this board always seem REALLY low. I don't understand it at all. I have a fortron 300, 350, and an antect truepower 480 I tried and they all have my 5v lines from 4.84 to 4.89 all the time. Tempted to add a 5v wire directly to the 5v mofset just to bring this up.

Hmm...

Well i am glad (well sorry for you) that it is not jsut me. I have a Antec 430 truepower and my digidic 5 gives the 5V as 4.96 and the 12V as 11.76 which seems ok to me.

would adding AS3 to my NB help the situation do you think??

Are your video cards overclocked too high or what?

I noticed when OC'ing my CPU ALOT, I have to run even LOWER frequencies on my vid card than I did when the CPU was near default.

My 4600 isn't overclocked at all. I also have AS2 with a thermaltake crystal orb (all copper with tin plating) on the NB and the passive HS on the southbridge with AS3 epoxy. I really don't get it at all. I've tried default, underclocking, overclocking and everything. I did use to lock up on the nature demo of 3dmark all the time untill I bumped the voltage to the vid card from 1.5 to 1.6 and since then I had no more lockups there.

No other game locks up, but max payne tends to crash on occasion and jedi knight 2 has some image tearing on occasion as well.

Was thinking it was the card but it works fine in my other system with no problems :( I think I'll have to get the 9700 pro or something else later when the geforce fx comes out.

Back