• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

annoying simcty 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I don't know what the heck is going on... this is just the only game I have that I can't get to run stable with my main rig.

I can play the game between 0 and 30 mins, then the game locks up or reboots the puter.

The temps are in my sig, and my GPU is stable at 39 c's, so it can't be a heat problem can it?

Any other game, e.g. NBA Live 2003 runs smooth and never crashes.

Just can't be bothered registering one more place (se G&M forum), so i am hoping someone here is following the Simcity.com BBS.

HELP! Please... anyone... this game is so great, I can hardly handle the fact that it crashes so often.

Cheers, Flixotide

which machine are you running it on? my cuzin has it on a athlon xp 1800 with 512 mb of sdram and a geforce 4 card with 64 mb of ram and his is running fairly smooth.

I'm running on my XP2100+, Ti44400 128 mb, 512 mb pc2100...

Latest official detonators (non-beta) and latest drivers from asus for the nforce220D mobo.

AA is off as requested by Maxis... can't really see what is wrong, since other games, 3D intensive ones too, are rock stable.

Surely must be a bug with the game... *sigh* *whine*

I wanna play this game now...

*sniffle*

Back