• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enlight Power supplies.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avzay

Did anybody have any experience with that 420W power supply by Enlight that newegg sells for $46?
Is it good enough for decently overclocked system, or should i invest more in the power supply. If yes, then what brands?

Enlights are pretty good supplies, but in truth you don't even have to spend that much. The 220W 3.3+5V output on the Enlight 420 is a bit low for a supply this size, but not enough to really worry about. My recomendation would be the 350 Fortron from directron. It matches the 220W on the 3.3+5V, and has been tested at 454W actual total output. Either it or the Enlight would fine for all but the most demanding (running pumps, lights, or TEC's) usage.

http://www.directron.com./fsp35060bn.html

Last edited:
I've got the same supply. Don't have a warranty on it though. Started modding it two days after I got it. But it seems to work great. Mine runs a touch hot on the voltages, but it's not really an issue. Seems quite well built. My biggest complaint is the huge mass of cables.

Haven't seen any reviews. I would, though, consider Enlight to be one of the better brands. I seriously think they're underrated. My 300 watt Enlight was running a tbird oc from 1000-1400 (sometimes more) at 1.85v as well as all my various drives and a GF2 o/c as far as it will go too. That's a pretty good load for a 300 watt. Even with all that, my voltages were EXCELLENT. That's why I went with them again. In all honesty, I suspect that the power rating may be a bit conservative. But then, I'm just one guy who had great luck with them. YMMV.

Avatar your not the only one that has had good luck with enlight psu's. I ve also run into them and have two of my igs running on them now. they are stable and handle oc's pretty damn well. I didnt know the 420 was that inexpensive. looks like I better go look at newegg.

Back