• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aqrhine

raid=big hd lots of space ok thats what i know but how big and also where do you get them how much money and what do you need to get one to work??????/

Aqrhine said:
raid=big hd lots of space ok thats what i know but how big and also where do you get them how much money and what do you need to get one to work??????/

read this information on raid setups. it explains a lot.

http://www.uni-mainz.de/~neuffer/scsi/what_is_raid.html

the reason raid is faster is that it stores half of all the information on one of the drives in the raid set. so if the drive only needs to access data half as much, it will go faster, see?

that's pretty much where i learned all i know about raid... and the forums here of course :D that's one of those i couldn't help but bookmark.

yeah i think i will book mark it too course i have to bookmark every thing i have some 200 bookmarks and i just formatted my pc 3 weeks ago

You are talking about striped RAID, or RAID 0

There is also RAID1 which is redundancy and RAID5 which is parity

Actually, there are lots of different types of RAID, but these are the most popular.... many people like to do RAID0+1, i personnally like to live on the edge with an 80gig RAID0 array.

...and no backups! :D

Back