• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Q's Intell & Amd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Hey I just got my Slk-600 but its not a 600.....Newegg sent me an 800!! purty nice of them, only paid 25$ this is going on the 2100
t-bred in the sig.

Wondering about the Paste that is sent with the Slk-800 is it any good ?? I have As3 but curiouse if anyone used the paste that came in the box with the Slk ??

Also a real stupid question but I need to know it & im not 100% sure about this.....Can I use AS3 on a P4 Chip ???

Im building a rig for a friend & he insisted on using Intel Procesor
& ive never built an Intel Rig & dont wana start off in left field but like a dummy first thing I did was tear the metal Shim with the black Junk on it off the bottom of the HSF...!!!

Then I thought You know thats not very Bright What if I cant use AS3 on a P4 or what if you absolutly need that shim :)

I mean I think I know the answer but I just making dam sure

Not to go off subject much but most places are selling the Slk-600+ for about $10 (a friend just picked 2 up for a dually) and the Slk-800 is about $25 sure you didn’t miss place your order? As for AS3 on a P4 they have a heat spreader on them so it shouldn’t make any difference

cozmo_d said:
Wondering about the Paste that is sent with the Slk-800 is it any good ?? I have As3 but curiouse if anyone used the paste that came in the box with the Slk ??

It should be OK, but not as good as the brand name stuff like AS3.

David

Also a real stupid question but I need to know it & im not 100% sure about this.....Can I use AS3 on a P4 Chip ???
You sure can!
first thing I did was tear the metal Shim with the black Junk on it off the bottom of the HSF...!!!
Nice move :D The 'shim' that you took off was actually the stock TIM (Thermal interface material) which isn't so good compared to AS3. Rest assured - you did the right thing :cool:

The grease that comes with the SLK-800 is junk. Us the ASIII.
It will always perform better.
That's my 2 cents. Like it or hate it. Up to you.
:D

Stedeman said:
Not to go off subject much but most places are selling the Slk-600+ for about $10 (a friend just picked 2 up for a dually) and the Slk-800 is about $25 sure you didn’t miss place your order? As for AS3 on a P4 they have a heat spreader on them so it shouldn’t make any difference

Newegg sells the SLK-800 for about 38 bucks

So he got a good deal there

Ok great thx all & I made a mistake its only a Slk 700 wich was 25$ @ newegg

Thought I got a good deal there but got ahead of myself

Thx for all the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back