• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfjonny

Why does my FSB show up as 133.95 or 134 in SiSoft, Eastytune, and WinXP when i've changed no settings in BIOS and i'm running default settings for everything else? So weird...

I quadruple checked in BIOS and its set at 133... Are there some other settings elsewhere that would bump up my fsb?

its only the comp getting its math the wrong way round

for some reason with this board if you set it to 133fsb in bios it shows as 134 in windows it is just a calculation error somewhere it shows the cpu speed right it must use cpu/multi to get fsb or somthin silly like that

anyway 0.95 mhz makes no differance

I think it is just a software problem, but anyway, why complain, that little cu*t hair increase may help you.

It's just a matter of these boards overclocking the FSB by just a little bit by default. Manufacturers of motherboards and video cards do this sometimes. The computer isn't getting its math wrong and it isn't a glitch. It's nothing to worry about. :)

I think that you are getting 133.9 because you have it set at ByHW. If you manually set to 133 you should see 133, but if you set to by HW you will see 133.9. This is because the 2100 is rated as 1740MHz(13x133.9) and if set at 133 you would have ony 1729MHz.
Hood

Just a question, what is ByHW and HW? Also, I thought that the 2100+ was rated at 1729 mghz (or like it says on the website, 1.73 gigs)...

mfjonny
I see you have the VAXP so it may not be the same in the BIOS as the VRXP. In the VRXP BIOS you have the FSB set to By HW(HardWare) then you can also use Pg Up/Dn keys to set it manually.
You are probably right about the speed, I had always tought it was 1740 as that was what it said when it was set By HW. I have just had a look around and most seem to say its 1733, so dont know which to believe.
Hood

Back