• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem on ocsetiteam.com??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
Is there a problem at http://www.ocsetiteam.com/ ?

The Weekly Stats page for "Individual Stats" has not been updated for last week yet, neither has the weekly top rank jumper and best cpu time pages.

Many thanks are owed to Overclockers.com since the folks on these Forums helped pick out all the components for my system, and have guided the overclocking process. Thank you all. :D

Last edited:
No there's no technical problem - the problem is I have been working my a** off for the past week and have barely had time to eat let alone do anything else. I've got the data but haven't had a chance to do the updates.

TC, Wow, you are a busy guy! I assumed that these stats were computer generated, and that perhaps there was a bug in the system.

I had no clue that this was done manually.

I tip my hat to you for all of your hard work.

Nothing is computer generated - it's all done by hand. SkyHook does the daily's every evening and I normally do the individual's Sunday evening.

Yep, as everything in the Team site, it's been done with the free time of some members. One of the future plans is that they be upgraded into computer generated stats, but that's still a little in the future. Maybe in the inter between S@HI and II, we''l have sometime to develop something for the team site ;)

One Man's Opinion

This is solely me speaking my mind, I represent no Team position nor have I spoken to anyone on the Team about this, but here goes.

I think the way things are done, the hands-on feeling if you will, of the Team Website, plays a big part in the "Family" atmosphere here at Overclockers.com Seti Team. The "push a button-get a number" stats are fine and informative, but they lack depth, they lack personality if you will. When you look at anything on our Team Website, whether it be stats or how-to's or whatever, know that someone gave of themselves to put that there for every member's benefit. I want to see this Team and it's website grow and mature into an even more impressive showplace in the future, however I hope we never have to sacrifice the personality of our website for the sake of efficency.

Opinions are FREE - Everyone should have at least one

SkyHook

Amen to that one, Skyhook.....this great team better not forget it's roots when we were well below the 100 position. I was there then, and I think that the personallity of this team has not changed a lot from that time.

Thank's to all who keep thing's running in the background.
I too, didn't realize that the updates were done by hand and I sure know what it's like not to have enough time to get those extra thing's done.
Thank's again. It's fun to see my name climbing the rank's now that I have a faster system. :)

craigiz1 said:
Thank's to all who keep thing's running in the background.
I too, didn't realize that the updates were done by hand and I sure know what it's like not to have enough time to get those extra thing's done.
Thank's again. It's fun to see my name climbing the rank's now that I have a faster system. :)

BUMP ;)

For those who make www.ocsetiteam.com possible!

yeah, unfortunately, pretty much of the whole site was done/generated by hand, or in my case, a old caculator....:p w/ the real life & work, it sure isn't easy to keep things up like that, i'm very very impressed what SkyHook & TC could do that every week!!! i, myself had missed & still missing it.......(benchie database)

however, w/ the help from other team member (Mictlan), his excel sheet should be able to cut my work at least half or more!! and soon, i'll have it back!!

Back