• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing a neon tube.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

340Duster

Have most people that have installed one put it in the bottom of the case? That seems like the only place with enough room to put it.

well, if you have a low lying window, you wont want to put it at the bottom as you will see the tube not the light, and i think that looks awfull:eek: i would just try and put it where the light covers what you want it to, and the tube is not in sight,;)

Cheers, Turando

that, and they don't heat up uber style......neons get hot.

If you have an antec/chieftec style case, use that bar up top that is right below the PSU.....the one that goes from back to front. I have a CCFL there, and another one at the bottom, as close to the side-panel as possible so i can't see the tube.

Thanks, I found a CCFL that is activated by the soundcard, and it looks like it will have to be mounted in the bottom, but I think I can get it close to the side panel so you can't see it.

Back