• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something new with my SLK-800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPFitz14

Okay.....I got 2 slk 800's from newegg a couple of days ago, they came with all of the standard stuff...plus these two long black strips.

What are these?

I'm guessing they're like the white dots(came with them too), and keep it from crushing the core or something.

Anyone know, or has anyone gotten these?

-CPFitz-

sure would be great if they put some instructions in the box.:D

i got those with my SK-7 as well, they are designed to be placed under your fan to lessen noise from fan vibration, helps alot.

ahhhh..... I see.:D

Didn't even think about that.:rolleyes: Thanks for the help, now I feel stupid, but thanks.:D

-CPFitz-

darn it all, was thinking about getting this HS, but that padded thing sounds nice, but just checked newegg and they're all out!

Does anyone know a good performance LED fan that would be good w/ this???

darn it all, was thinking about getting this HS, but that padded thing sounds nice, but just checked newegg and they're all out!

Does anyone know a good performance LED fan that would be good w/ this???

Crap I got thoes as well & thought they were a mistake or something tossed um in my wtf is that drawer I think Im gona put them on cuz it sounds like a freekin tornado inside my case

If you didnt get any you could easily make some its just 2 thin strips of sticky back fomey stuff...

I realy think you could cut whats left over from the white dots in thin strips & layer your fans bottom side where it makes solid contact with the slk700/800 poof.... yer in like shwinn no more vibration

Last edited:
WTF OMG... i thought they were pads for the bottom of the heatsink to help it not crush the cpu i put them on the bottom!!!! ROFL im a noob.... omg... should i take them off??

Back