• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered an XP2100 from newegg.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystikal

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM TO DISCUSS $80 I o
I currently have an amd athlon t-bird 1.4, the XP 2100 is a pally core but how much of an improvement will i see and what should i see for avg. oc with the slk800 hs/fan?

thanks for any replies.

What mobo are you using?
THe o/c will depend mainly on the stepping of your chip and cooling.

Why did you buy a pally and not a tbred b? These B chips are overclocking like crazy.

[Rant] Ok, I really wasn’t looking for how I should have gotten a tbred b. I was looking for some input on the performance gain from my current tbird 1.4 and avg. oc speeds. It’s really disappointing when someone asks for information on something and the only responses comes across as it’s not good enough, you should have gotten this. I wasn’t looking to do a major upgrade just yet I was just looking to get a little more life out of what I currently have until the time comes when I can do a major upgrade. [/Rant]

So if there are any ppl here that can help me with my info gathering it would be much appreciated.

Myst.

According to the CPU database the average OC for a 2100 Pally is 1990 mHz - which is okay but not great.

Well, your computer should be about 1/3 faster with the new chip. How much it overclocks will depend heavily upon the stepping, which you won't know until you get it.

If you're stuck with an AGOGA or an older stepping like that, expect about 1.9 ghz. If you get an Agoia or an Aroia, expect about 2.0 ghz. Note that you'll need a good heatsink, though, and you'll need to up the voltage.

I recieved my XP2100+ today and this is what it says.
Ax2100DMT3C
AGTIA 0215UPAW

How high do you think it should clock with an Abit KR7A-133 with an SLK-800?

Well it depends on what you are running. The Pally core has improvements that increase performance 10% over the T-Bird.

As far as overclock goes you are pretty much limited to fsb as unlocking 13 X multiplier involves cutting bridges which is something most people avoid.

You are starting out at 1733 @ 13 X 133. If you are real lucky you might do 13 X 142 = 1850 as that pretty much is hitting the limit on the Pally process.

Whatever it will be a nice jump from your T-Bird.

Harvey

I managed to hit 13X145 with my 2100+ Pally that I think was
the same stepping. But I was watercooling with killer memory
and a killer power supply.

Don't ever underestimate the qulity of a power supply and the
quality of your overclock, especially with that generation of
motherboard.

I wound up selling that one to a buddy of mine so I could get
a T-bred B which does rock.

Back